Tuesday, September 19, 2006

8 things that I wrote really quickly

Bogger has a scheduled outage in 26 minutes. Can I make a full list of 8 things in time?
  1. The New Yorker is totally worth reading. I'm thinking about replacing all other news sources with The New Yorker for one month and seeing if I'm smarter/happier/more informed.

  2. I think I might take a break from politics for a while. Maybe sit out the midterm elections. Of course I'll vote, but I might avoid learning anything about candidates from other districts, and I might try to avoid hearing anything about Bush or the war(s).

  3. If I take a break from politics, what should I replace it with? Technology news? Local news?

  4. After a funny/random email exchange it looks like I'm going to talk with 826 Valencia about doing an art installation at the Pirate Supply Store. This would dreamy. It would be my best art show ever.

  5. I paid all my bills using my phone browser last night. It seems that my PG&E bill wasn't being deducted from my checking account as I had thought, and that I had only paid one electricity bill in 2006. My lights are out. Ooops.

  6. I have a new saying: "Don't worry, it also happens to the best of us." If you don't think this is funny keep reading it. If you still don't think it's funny don't worry, it also happens to the best of us.

  7. I only have 9 minutes left.

  8. There's a theory that the universe is full of planets teeming with life, so it's curious that nobody has made clear contact with us yet. It could be that earth is the most advanced planet (extremely unlikely) or that every more advanced planet has decided to leave us alone (also unlikely). If every planet develops technology then they'll all hit upon space travel at some point, but this theory says that the technology level that allows for space travel also enables easy destruction of all life on that planet. Every single time a planet reaches this level of technology there is a single religious fanatic who destroys the planet rather than have it proven that their religious beliefs are false.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan said...

Good idea! I haven't memorized a poem since my Poe phase in junior high school.

itwasmanyandmanyayearagoinakindombytheseathatamaidentherelived....

7:29 PM, September 19, 2006  
Blogger Anneke said...

or you could read all the Vaclav Havel you can get your hands on and walk the poetics/theater/politics line.

Re #6: whoa. buuuuuuuuuuurn.

11:37 AM, November 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home