Monday, June 05, 2006

8 ways to be an arrogant prick

I've been neglecting this blog a little, since I can now post to the Valleyschwag Chronicles and get 150 comments, which is bloth flattering and overwhelming. Since I do my best writing when I'm tired and overworked, I'll write a little piece right now. (This may be a re-tread of some old post. I often worry that I'm repeating myself on my blog, but I'm probably contradicting myself too, so it evens out.)

This one is a set of tips that you should not follow. Do your best to not do these things. They're anti-tips.

Here are 8 ways to be an arrogant prick. I think I've done all of these things, and I hope I never do them again.
  1. Talk about how rich you are.
    Look, everyone already knows how rich you are. Shut up and drink your latte.

  2. Drop names to show how important you are.
    I don't care if you went to camp with the guy or whatever. If you were really that important he'd be dropping your name.

  3. Tell people they should be more active in politics / social change / linux.

I just got tired of that list. It was depressing. I'm going to switch to a new topic.

Here are my favorite kinds of light bulbs:
  1. Incandescent clear bulb with chrome finish on half the bulb. This is a rare bulb that can be put to great use

  2. Blue LED. I know an LED isn't actually a light bulb, but I think it should count anyway.

  3. Flourescent Black light. These are overused in clubs but it is because they rock so hard. They are magical, and can make things appear where nothing was visible before.

  4. Flickering candle lights. These are cool innovative lights that have two plates instead of a coil, and the movement of the plates makes this light flicker. I've seen some plates that are the shape of a candle flame and others that are the shape of the virgin mary.

  5. A pickle with electricity flowing through it. This is actually possible, as you may remember from 6th grade science class. It glows green.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan said...

I keep word verification on for my own benefit. If I can't get it right after a few tries I go to sleep and post in the morning...

12:09 PM, June 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home