Thursday, January 24, 2008

Actor Websites are Terrible - A Look at the Top 8

I've been looking at celebrity websites a lot lately. My conclusion: actors have terrible websites. I'm not quite sure why. They have the money, they benefit from exposure, they all have something to sell. My best theory so far is that their managers just don't care about the internet, and/or prefer that information about their clients goes through other media outlets.

According to Wikipedia these are the highest paid actors and actresses. I'm not sure how accurate the numbers are, but you get the point.

  1. Keanu Reeves
  2. Bruce Willis
  3. Tom Cruise
  4. Johnny Depp


  5. Julia Roberts


  6. Cameron Diaz


  7. Reese Witherspoon


  8. Angelina Jolie
Looking at these sites and their whois.net records gives me another idea. For a lot of actors their main experience with a personal website looks something like this:
  • Some guy registers "juliaroberts.com" in 1998 and tries to auction the name.
  • Julia sues on the advice of her lawyers.
  • The lawsuit continues for 10 years and Julia Roberts never wants to think about "juliaroberts.com" again.
  • A new actress, say 21 year-old Juno star Ellen Page, thinks "if Julia Roberts doesn't need a website I don't need one either."
  • Some guy registers ellenpage.com.
  • ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home