Friday, September 09, 2005

Goodbye Yahoo, Hello Rubyred Labs

I've returned from a great burning man (best year ever!) and I'm ready to reveal my master plan for world domination.

Yahoo! is by far the best company I've had the priviledge of working for, and I think they'll continue to do great things. But now it's time for me to take what I've learned here and do my own thing. It seems like a good time to get something started.

So...

I am pleased to introduce Rubyred Labs, Inc, an incubator and consultancy focusing on web and mobile product design. As consultants we build web/mobile products for smaller companies and help larger companies (like, say, Yahoo) generate ideas and build prototypes. As an incubator we come up with ideas we think are cool and build them for public enjoyment.

The first such idea is Urbantic, a new way to explore and share your city. So far we have sites for the Bay Area and Black Rock City. Join up and add your favorite places.

Since I haven't formally joined the company yet (I'm still a Yahoo for 3 more days) you won't see much mobile stuff in Urbantic right now. I'd like to add some simple SMS functionality then dive right in to an xHTML Mobile site with full functionality. Other suggestions are welcome.

Check out the goods:
www.rubyredlabs.com
www.urbantic.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jonathan!

5:52 PM, September 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home